When you think of Thierry Mugler fragrances, you probably think of two words: Angel and Alien – the uber-iconic scents that most beauty-savvy fashionistas have on regular rotation. But what about the exceptions to this rule? Or rather, Les Exceptions (see what we did there?). Five unisex, luxury fragrances by Mugler, just released this Fall. The Les Exceptions collection – which blends original alchemies with unique and exceptional ingredients – captures Mugler’s visionary and sensual approach to the art of perfumery.
So what does this mean for local fashionistas? Mugler chose Chicago to be the first and only city in the U.S. to indulge in a luxurious, white glove (or in this case, black glove) experience when purchasing one of his Les Exceptions fragrances – an exclusive to Nordstrom on Michigan Ave.
Enter Freddie Fischione, your personal Thierry Mugler Fragrance Ambassador. He’ll take you on a journey through the five different categories of fragrance, breaking each one down to the most basic elements (and their “exception”), and guide you to a scent that is right for you. What a unique way to experience luxury service by way of fragrance education!
The five Les Exceptions scents include:
- Oriental Express – Edgy, Captivating, Warm – with an exception drawn from the center of the carrot.
- Chyprissime – Elegant, Radiant, Sophisticated – with a twist of leather and an exception of pear.
- Fougere Furieuse – Sexy, Exhilarating, Daring – the essence of fougere (fern) with an exception of neroli. (Nikia’s favorite!)
- Supra Floral – Tantalizing, Luminous, Vibrant – from the stem of the hyacinth, and balanced with the exception of incense. This one is the most popular Les Exceptions scent among men in Milan! (My personal favorite!)
- Over the Musk – Sensual, Unpredictable, Enchanting – the #1 seller. It is single-noted, showcasing a true musk – made from the ambrette plant – with an exception of black pepper.
The best part of the whole experience? The fragrances are on tap!
Freddie will fill up a gorgeous Art Deco bottle for you (it’s a keepsake in itself), right on the spot. You can bring it back when you’re ready for more. And soon enough you’ll even be able to engrave this precious bottle for yourself or for whoever the lucky recipient of this perfectly personalized gift may be.
We’re not just sharing this with you because of the holiday season, though. This experience will be just as relevant now as it will be in 6 months, or even 6 years. That is what makes it an amazing gift for the holiday or any other special occasion. And if you just want to treat yourself – we highly encourage that too.
With that, we leave you with the following thought from Thierry Mugler himself: “As a child, I dreamed of creating another world, to my scale – one that was my own…”
He certainly has achieved that, and then some, with Les Exceptions. Make your way to Nordstrom to see, firsthand, how he is redefining the fragrance buying experience (or click here to shop the collection online). Happy smells to you, until we meet again!
Special thanks to these fragrance gurus for breaking it all down for us during our visit:
- Freddie Fischione, Thierry Mugler Fragrance Ambassador
- Brandy Casel, Account Executive, Groupe Clarins
- Emma Garner, Manager, Public Relations, Clarins Fragrance Group
Complimentary fragrance provided by Thierry Mugler.