[NEW VIDEO SERIES] ChiTown Fashionista presents Closet Conversations | Chitown Fashionista

18 July 2012 / By Nikia Jefferson

[NEW VIDEO SERIES] ChiTown Fashionista presents Closet Conversations

Recently, I have been working on a project that will expand on the original video content presented here at ChiTown Fashionista.  And I’m excited to share it with you all, finally!!

After months of brainstorming, I decided to launch a monthly video series that provides an in-depth look inside the impressive wardrobes of the most intriguing style stars in Chicago. From vintage collectors to Hip Hop enthusiasts, this series will span a wide range of backgrounds, ages and ethnicities.

Each episode will use informal conversation, set in the subject’s personal space, to create an intimate closet “show and tell” of their prized possessions.  The goal is to not only feature the material things in one’s closet, but also to bring the items to life by sharing with viewers the distinguishing personality, captivating stories and unique style inspiration of each individual.

Without further ado, I present to you Closet Conversations (episode 1).

Episode 1: Sally Schwartz

Sally Schwartz, founder of the Randolph Street Market, is known as a collector. Quality is the common thread amongst her inherited items as well as her purchases from the market and her travels abroad.  Her collection of vintage and antique goods further proves her affinity for all things well-made. With feathers, ruffles and satin at the top of her “must have” list, Sally’s wardrobe is nothing short of fascinating.

You can visit YouTube or Vimeo to check out the first episode as many times as you please. Be sure to subscribe to either site to stay abreast of each episode as it becomes available.

Thanks to all of you for joining me on this new journey! I look forward to sharing these episodes with you.

DISCLAIMER:You may not copy, distribute, change, or transmit any text, images, audio, or video for public or commercial purposes without the express permission of ChiTown Fashionista.

Related posts:

About The Author

Nikia Jefferson

Nikia Jefferson is the Founder and Editor of ChiTown Fashionista and has always had an affinity for shoes and shopping, in general. In addition to addressing fashion trends and her latest obsessions, Nikia promotes the remarkable, yet underexposed, local shops and designers she encounters in Chicago and beyond. Deemed as ‘the enabler of fashion consumption’, Nikia works to captivate the hearts of fellow shopaholics by featuring the unique treasures found during her shopping adventures.

Your Comments

30 Comments so far

1. Melvin says:

You started with a vision. And then after months of dedication, focus, sacrifice, and hard work you’ve brought your vision to fruition. Words and actions can’t express how proud I am of you. You are an inspiration to me! I am so blessed to be able to ride shotgun on this new journey with you. I LOVE YOU. *signed Mr. ChiTown Fashionista*

• Nikia Jefferson says:

You’ve been there through the entire process, conception to execution. And there is no other person I’d rather have by my side for this new venture. Thanks for always being my #1 supporter! Love you. xo

2. Tali Hyyen says:

Nikia- You are awesome. This video was so well thought out and put together. We are honored you chose Sally as your first profile. We look forward to more!
    xoxoxo Tali

• Nikia Jefferson says:

Thanks, Tali! Sally was first on my list. I wouldn’t have preferred it any other way.

3. Andrea says:

Nikia,

You are simply an amazing lady. Your works have and will continue to inspire poeple for years to come. Will you say…you do, and when you do…it’s awesome!!

Love ya lots!!

4. Bolaji says:

SOO SOOO amazingly proud of you and your dedication and diligence I love CLoset conversations and can’t wait to see more. Great job Nikia(and team)

5. Rita Milton says:

This idea is pure genius! I love everything about it and the possibilities are endless Nikia! I can’t even begin to tell you how proud I am to be a member of Team ChiTown Fashionista! xo, Rita

• Nikia Jefferson says:

I’m so glad to have you as a member of the ChiTown Fashionista team! Onward and upward!

6. Nikia, I loved watching this and I cannot wait to see where this project goes. I would love to see this as a television show! I’m proclaiming it now. This is just the beginning.

7. Dawnavette says:

what a great video! Glad I stumbled on this link via Twitter. Excellent production and fresh content. Keep up the great work. :)

• Nikia Jefferson says:

Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by! Make sure you subscribe to either Vimeo or YouTube to stay up-to-date on future episodes. There is so much more in store.

8. Annette says:

Just brilliant! Extremely proud of you! Looking forward to more!!!

9. Adiat says:

One word…GENIUS!

10. Karen says:

Awesome new edition! Can’t wait to see more.
    #BLMGirls

11. Mama says:

Nikia my daughter, You are simply amazing!!! This is the beginning of greater things to come. Blessings & Peace Be With You. Love, Love Mama

12. Shana says:

Sister!!!! This is briliant!!!! But I expect nothing less from you:) Congrats on this awesome endeavor and I know this is only the beginning of something greater!!! Love and hugs…Shana and Mason:)

13. Iya says:

Fabulousity! So happy to support one of Chicago’s most humble, brillant and fabulous!

14. TeTe says:

Kia,

This is my first time viewing the video and I loved it!! I’m so proud of you TeTe. You’re my inspiration.

15. Maven says:

This was a very well conceived and executed project. Well done. Look forward to seeing more!

• Nikia Jefferson says:

Thank you so much. I wanted to provide a unique concept and quality production. So your feedback has officially made my day.

16. Wonderful! I’m so excited to see one of these pieces up the blog. Totally looking forward to helping out with these in the upcoming months (many props to Lindsey for helping us make the connection).

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. SociaLifeChicago | Don't make A Scene...make THE scene - July 20, 2012

[...] Nikia Jefferson of ChiTownFashionista has a super sweet new series on her blog called “Closet Conversations” its a MUST SEE [ChitownFashionista] [...]

2. Check Out Chitown Fashionista's Closet Coversations - SomeWear in Chicago - July 25, 2012

[...] If you have a spare few minutes I implore you to head over to Chitown Fashionista to check out her new video series, Closet Conversations. [...]

3. Closet Conversations TEASER (Episode 2) – Dwamina Drew | Chitown Fashionista - August 6, 2012

[...] Conversations TEASER (Episode 2) – Dwamina Drew Tweet  As you know, I launched the first episode of Closet Conversations last month with Sally Schwartz, founder of the Randolph Market. What a perfect way to kick off the [...]

Nikia_img
  • twitter
  • facebook
  • pinterest
  • youtube
  • feedburner

As Seen In

Refinery Rue View More Press >>

My Keeps

Closet Conversations Webisodes

Click HERE to view more.

@chitown_fashion Instagrams

© 2014 Chitown Fashionista. Powered by WordPress.

Designed by Kriss of KrissDidIt.com